Labels

Tuesday 30 May 2017

My Brother and I (Part 2)





In the dialogue with my friend who had been wondering what it meant to be brother, I asked him what he thought could make one a brother. In response, he said, "Look at this", and dipped his hand into his suit pocket to fetch me an envelope. When I opened the envelope, I found this letter.
TO AN UNKNOWN BROTHER
Dear brother,
I do not know you, but I hope to know you someday. For some time now, I've been wanting to know what, or who a brother is. Even though my efforts seem futile, these are my expectations from you, my dear brother.
Be a friend to me, and a confidant. I need to be able to open up to you things which the world may not know about me. I need you as my gossip mate, too, someone I can chat with when I feel like. Brother, I want you to love me like I'm all you've got in this life. I know you love yourself, so, see me as yourself. Please never hesitate to tell me when, where and how I go wrong. Correct me too, if you know how to do so. I want to hear of my misgivings from you, and not from your friends.
You're family to me, and the only one who can tolerate my shit. Please, deal gently with me lest I get discouraged. Sometimes, we may fight or raise our voices at each other, you know. Let's be quick to sort out our differences, preferably, with no third party. Please brother, I want you to feel my joys and my pains. Be a wall on which I can lean when things go wrong.
My success is our success, brother. Let my success make you happy. Let my joy be your joy, and my sorrow your sorrow. I need to trust you, and you to trust me. Let whatever help you give me be between you and me, and do not fail to tell me when you need my help, for I'll always be there for you.
Finally, please, BE A BROTHER TO ME!
Thank you, BROTHER!
After I read his letter, I saw my nakedness and wished the ground would just open up and swallow me. It never happened. Still standing there, trying to find my feet, I knew deep with me that I'd learned a whole lot from that friend of mine.


ARE YOU REALLY A BROTHER?



PRAYER
Dearest brother Jesus, model of brothers and epitome of brotherly love, make us radiate the brotherly love with which you love us.




FOR OUR REFLECTION
Proverbs 17:17



James 4:11
1 Peter 3:8-9
1 John 2:9-11
Matthew 18:15-18



No comments:

Post a Comment